Do you want to make a positive impact, no matter how small, on your host country when you travel? Well thanks to Pack for a Purpose, it is easy to do good while traveling abroad.
Pack for Purpose is a non-profit organization with a direct and effective mission- to positively impact communities around the world by assisting travelers who want to bring meaningful contributions to the destinations they visit.
Small Space. Little Effort. Big Impact.
It’s simple, use available space in your luggage to provide supplies to communities you visit. Here’s how it works:
1) Visit http://www.packforapurpose.org/ and click destinations.
2) Select your destination.
3) Find either the hotel where you will be staying or a participating hotel near to where you are planning to stay and click to locate a community project and find out what the needs are.
4) Purchase about five pounds of materials from the list and add these items to your suitcase.
5) When you get to your destination, drop off your supplies at the participating hotel
6) Ta-da! You've made a difference!
As I type this post, I’m preparing to go to Jamaica (yay!). I know I’ll be near Montego Bay so I clicked the Caribbean suitcase, found the Sandals Resort Montego Bay (even though that is not where I’ll be staying) and found that the Happy Venture Basic School is in need of donations. Ohm and I went straight to Family Dollar to purchase a few supplies to take with us. It is that easy!
I'm happy an organization like Pack for a Purpose exists. Sometimes it is the little things that make such a big difference. I look forward to making Pack for a Purpose a part of my regular travel routine.
*FYI, this piece reflects my opinion and has not been sponsored by Pack for a Purpose.