Ears are complex. Delicate and finicky, they are so tricky!
Having been a child with chronic inner ear infections and regular bouts of swimmers ear, I speak from experience.
Now, as an adult, though my ear infection days are behind me, I do suffer from ear congestion due to wax build up.
It’s so frustrating.
It always happens in the spring, when my seasonal allergies start to kick in. My ears begin to feel heavy and clogged. It’s hard to hear. I’m constantly searching for a yawn to pop my ears for a moment of clarity.
So... what is a girl to do?
I've had my ears flushed, I've used over the counter solutions such as Debrox, but at the end of the day, my favorite form of relief is one that I can make myself.
DIY natural ear wax removal is always an option!
When my ears start to rebel, I arm myself with this simple and effective DIY ear wax removal solution.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Apple Cider Vinegar
Tea-tree essential oil
2 ounce amber jar with a dropper top
Here’s What to Do:
1) Fill your jar half way with the purified water
2) Add ten drops of tea tree essential oil
3) Fill the remainder of your bottle with apple cider vinegar
4) Cap and shake
1) Lay on one side and using the dropper top, fill your ear (2 dropper fulls approx) with the solution.
2) Lay on your side for 5 minutes to let the solution get into the ear canal to soften the wax.
3) After 5 minutes, return to an upright position, holding a clean washcloth to your ear, tilt your head to the side to collect drainage.
Repeat up to three times a day if needed.
Easy as one. two. three!
Disclaimer: I am NOT a doctor or medical professional. It is always recommended to consult a physicians advice before attempting a home remedy.