Combine the goodness of a sweet buttery drop biscuit, with the sweet bursts of juicy strawberry chunks and top with a rich, creamy vanilla and cinnamon whipped cream and you've got my Strawberry Shortcake Biscuits.
Perhaps, an excuse to have desert for breakfast, this is, in my opinion, the perfect way to start a lazy summer weekend day.
Should you desire to partake in the goodness, here's what to do:
1) First, I take about a half pint of rinsed strawberries and cut them in fourths so they're nice and chunky.
2) Then, I prepare my Easy Sweet Drop Biscuits recipe.
3) I add my strawberries to my drop biscuit batter and proceed to cook as usual
4) During the ten minutes while the biscuits are cooking, I make my whipped cream. In a small single serve blender, I mix:
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
It takes two minutes to get perfectly peaked, rich whipped cream when using a single serve blender or bullet.
5) Don't forget to let the biscuits cool before you dig in. You can skip the butters and jams and garnish directly with the fresh cream.